20 Oct A Historic Night! – Crusade Update
Hello Ministry Partners,
We had an absolutely historic crusade last night near the Middle East!
I’m being told by the local pastors, government officials and the local people here that this was a historic crusade for this entire region and for this city. In fact, they said a crusade on this scale has NEVER been conducted here and the last time they had a city wide Christian gathering of any kind in this region was over 22 years ago with only a couple thousand in attendance. But tonight, the field was packed to capacity and thousands of people lined the adjacent streets and gathered on nearby rooftops and the tops of nearby busses to watch and listen.
This city has been known for years as a very difficult city to do crusades like this in. Many have tried in the past but were unsuccessful. It’s a difficult region because there’s so much instability here and a lot of security concerns for Christians in this area. In fact, last night, we were supposed to spend the night in the crusade city, but the local pastors were adamant that we leave town right after the crusade due to security concerns. When it comes to doing crusades in this part of the world, there can be many challenges, but we press on and we praise God that thousands were saved last night as a result.
Last night, I preached a crystal clear gospel message on “Redemption” and to my surprise, when I made the altar call for salvation, it looked from stage as if over 90% of the crowd stood to their feet to receive Christ for the very first time. Praise God!
After the altar call for salvation, I prayed for people to be baptized with the Holy Spirit and then I prayed for the sick and many miracles broke out. Many demoniacs were also set free and hundreds of people came forward to testify of being physically healed as well.
Here are just a few of the testimonies from last night:
- A man had severe lower back pain for 8 years and couldn’t bend down. He was in the army and the army doctors even told him that his back would never be healed, but tonight he testified and demonstrated that Jesus healed him completely!
- One man testified that he had never had a relationship with Jesus before, but he has now given his life to Christ and God also miraculously healed his injured shoulder as well!
- One man could’t walk for many years and God healed him and he was able to walk again for the first time in many years. Praise God!
- Another man had severe pain in both his legs for many years which caused him to not walk properly without major pain. Together, he and I ran on stage and to show he was completely healed!
- A mother brought her young daughter on stage and said that her daughter had many demonic fits since birth, but tonight when we prayed, God set her free and all the demonic manifestations vanished.
- There where so many other testimonies of demons leaving people and body parts being healed, but we give God all the glory for the greatest miracle of all – SALVATION!
Thank you so much for praying for us and for partnering with us financially. As many of you know, we had a major financial need just a few days before the crusade. God provided a miracle and so many of you generously gave as the Lord directed you.
I want to say “Thank you!” for partnering with us financially in the harvest! We simply can’t bring the gospel to these places without faithful financial partners like you and I know together we will see all of these new believers with us in heaven one day. Together, we’re making an eternal difference in the lives of countless thousands and even millions of people around the world.
Together in the harvest,
Chris and Amanda Mikkelson
P.S. We have a total of three videos below. The first is a behind the scenes video I did in the car as we arrived to the crusade. The other two are two parts to my sermon. We did these all on Facebook LIVE so the quality is not a crisp and we lost connection during my sermon so there are two parts to my sermon. Enjoy!